Charging the net...

Greg A. Woods woods at eci386.uucp
Thu May 9 03:35:52 AEST 1991

In article <6579:May706:09:5591 at kramden.acf.nyu.edu> brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
> In article <1991May7.000512.1961 at eci386.uucp> woods at eci386.UUCP (Greg A. Woods) writes:
> > Shareware, by definition, depends upon a licence.
>
> Not necessarily.
>[.... a copyright notice ....]
> That's not a license. It's just a copyright limitation, and it's legally
> sound. I'd still say that Fubar 6.66 is shareware.

Hm... interesting point.

Your wording isn't all that great, and probably contains a few
loopholes, but I get the idea!  :-)

However, if you (the copyright holder of Fubar 6.66) were to post Fubar
6.66 to Usenet, I'd say you wouldn't be able to uphold your copyright.
This is the point I was essentially trying to make.
--
							Greg A. Woods
woods@{eci386,gate,robohack,ontmoh,tmsoft}.UUCP		ECI and UniForum Canada