kstuff 0.18 (part 1/6)

bill bill at franklin.com
Mon May 13 19:58:14 AEST 1991

In article <1991May11.200747.17465 at scuzzy.in-berlin.de>
    src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de (Heiko Blume) writes:
: brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
:
: >In article <1991May09.012116.5816 at scuzzy.in-berlin.de>
:    src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de (Heiko Blume) writes:
: [bitching]

	[Actually, a legitimate complaint, in that Bernstein
	didn't bother with a trivial detail in his postings on
	alt.sources that would have made life easier for many
	people.]

: >Apparently you'd rather bitch than contribute. Too bad.
:
: oh well, i was in bitch-mode, mea culpa!

Not at all. Bernstein erred in not using shorter file names but
Bernstein is one of those people who often answers perfectly
valid criticisms by slashing at those who criticize rather than
by fixing his errors. He's acquired a knack of making abusive
comments that, I suppose, give him a warm fuzzy feeling while
making those he's attacked feel in the wrong, but that knack
doesn't make his mistakes right.

He's seems to have this fixation on just how "right" he is.
Actually, most of the time, he's either just plain wrong or has
chosen a position no more defensible than his opponents'.

It seems Bernstein thinks that his being right gives him some
right to be gratuitously abusive. Even if being right were
sufficient justification for gratuitous abusiveness, Bernstein is
hardly so worthy that he should be granted that right.

In case Bernstein wants to respond to me: don't bother. I've
added you to my global kill file and I'll trash any further e-mail
from you unread. Your last message to me, which you may consider
this a response to, makes it perfectly clear just what kind of
person you are and I have no intention of wasting my time further
with you. What little of value you might be able contribute is
utterly swamped by the filth you embed it in.

Anyone else who wants to comment: feel free, but please keep it in
e-mail. Followups have been directed to alt.flame, to which most
of Bernstein's postings ought also to be posted.