another 'su encancer'

Chris Siebenmann cks at hawkwind.utcs.toronto.edu
Tue May 7 12:17:05 AEST 1991

kimcm at diku.dk (Kim Christian Madsen) writes:
| [...] In such places the installation of a password-free su replacement
| is often a lesser evil, than having lazy sysadm's run to much in
| root-mode.

 Perhaps a better solution is to stop having lazy sysadms? Personally, I
am quite aware of how much damage I can do as root by accident, and try
to spend as little time as root as I can; I think scared and cautious
sysadms are highly worth cultivating.

--
	"This is what separates us system programmers from the
	 application programmers: we can ruin an entire machine and