hold -- a program to buffer input

DINSMORE wsd at whuts.UUCP
Thu Aug 4 20:29:53 AEST 1988

In article <8082 at watdragon.waterloo.edu> twhlai at watdragon.waterloo.edu (Tony Lai) writes:
!A few weeks ago, a program called "hold" was posted to comp.sources.misc that
!buffers its input.  The idea is that something like
!  sed 's/a/b/g' foo > foo
!makes foo a null file, while
!  sed 's/a/b/g' foo | hold foo
!changes all a's to b's in foo, because hold prevents foo from being overwritten
!before sed finishes reading foo.
!

	Would someone please me a way to do this in the C_Shell?

		Thanks, W. Dinsmore

--
                              |    Wayne S. Dinsmore
Make it in Massachusetts,     |    AT&T Bell Labs (ihnp4,att,moss)!whuts!wsd
Spend it in New Hampshire.    |    20 Shattuck Road  Room 4A-118