mailx

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at nc386.uucp
Sat Aug 12 08:23:59 AEST 1989

As quoted from <6707 at dayton.UUCP> by jad at dayton.UUCP (J. Deters):
+---------------
| In article <6703 at dayton.UUCP> joe at dayton.UUCP (Joseph P. Larson) writes:
| n>I was given a copy of mailx by someone who said they got it from someone
| e>who said it was public domain.  The only Copyright notice I found in the
| w>entire distribution was on a support program called "xstr" -- "Copyright
| s>1979 the Regents of the University of California, Berkeley".  No mention
|  >at all if it can legally be redistributed.
|
| It's always* ok to post diff's to a source.  All you have to do is
| assume that the receipient is patching the same level of source you
| are sending him diffs for.  :)

The only problem here, assuming the source is for /usr/ucb/Mail and not AT&T's
mailx, is the missing copyright notices.  Berkeley Mail has been certified
"AT&T-free" and is available in a number of places, notably UUNET.

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery, moderator of comp.sources.misc	     allbery at NCoast.ORG
uunet!hal.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery		    ncoast!allbery at hal.cwru.edu
"Why do trans-atlantic transfers take so long?"
"Electrons don't swim very fast."  -john at minster.york.ac.uk and whh at PacBell.COM