cgname - collect file names from {e,f,}grep output

Ralf Brown ralf at b.gp.cs.cmu.edu
Tue Jun 27 05:11:19 AEST 1989

In article <130 at tridom.uucp> wht at tridom.uucp (Warren Tucker) writes:
}This quickie collects the filenames produced by grep output
}while passing the output oin to stdout.  I wrote it to help
}me build a list of filenames to edit containing a certain string:

At least on BSD Unix, the -l flag on {,e,f}grep does the same thing except
for sorting the output if the file list given to grep is not alphabetical.
--
{harvard,uunet,ucbvax}!b.gp.cs.cmu.edu!ralf -=-=- AT&T: (412)268-3053 (school)
ARPA: RALF at B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU |"Tolerance means excusing the mistakes others make.