An apology, and a question (about uucp in Germany)

Axel Fischer fischer at utower.UUCP
Tue Jun 20 04:28:45 AEST 1989

In article <567 at axis.fr> philip at axis.fr (Philip Peake) writes:
>This is where it becones interesting - apparently our German friend is an
>UNOFFICIAL site - which basically means someone is feeding him NEWS
>without declaring it - THIS IS ANTI-SOCIAL - the rest of us are paying
>more than we need to.

That was a bad joke Philipe.
Noone -absolutly noone- gets the international News from a Eunet connected
site.
We are around 100 unofficial sites and the only groups we get are alt.all
because ONE OF US polls a site in the USA directly.

So before you blame someone with something like that - think first or ask
around but don't post what you suppose.

Right - we're unofficial - but only in the eyes of Eunet members and we are
not betraying someone.

-Axel
--
...!uunet!pyramid!tmpmbx!utower!fischer