Init - SCO Xenix System V replacement

John F. Haugh II jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US
Fri Mar 24 00:02:31 AEST 1989

In article <13858 at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US> jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US (John F. Haugh II) writes:
>This is the beta test release of the init I've been munging on.
>It is currently being used on this site with some results.  It
>is not complete and does not contain a telinit.  You have to
>send it various signals to get things to happen ...

That paragraph should have been a clue.  Judging from the
mail I've received, some people don't associate `not done
yet' with `isn't from AT&T'.

This code IS NOT derived from AT&T source code.  I DO NOT
have a source code license and have not used AT&T code to
write this.  It is 100 PERCENT free of licensing hassles.

On the other hand, the init being distributed by Sandy
Zelkovitz IS derived from AT&T source code and is being
distributed in binary form ONLY.  If you need more info,
you may contact him at sandy at alphacm.UUCP.

DO NOT confuse my init with the init Sandy is handing
out.  PLEASE.  I don't need any more AT&T hate mail.  I
had my share of that last year with that damned yacc ...
--
John F. Haugh II                        +-Quote of the Week:-------------------
VoiceNet: (214) 250-3311   Data: -6272  | "Do not drink and bake"