renice

Warren Tucker wht at tridom.uucp
Wed May 17 03:20:42 AEST 1989

In article <58 at utower.UUCP>, fischer at utower.UUCP (Axel Fischer) writes:
> Ok - I have installed the System V look-alikes in renice.
> But now I'm stuck in the next problem:
> Everytime when I invoke renice it prompt me to run uxlst because
> /xenix.uxlst is out of date.
> But I can run uxlst as often as I want renice prompts me to run uxlst.
>
> What am I doing wrong now ?
>
> -Axel
> --

I've gotten several requests for repost of renice, so in other
articles to follow, look for 'renice286v2'.  I added some code to
display the criteria libuxlst.c uses to test for the "currentness"
of /xenix.uxlst if the test fails.  Please make this version and
run it.  When it says "run uxlst", run renice again like this:

    renice <nice> <pid> | tee to.wht

and _E-mail_ the file to.wht to gatech!emory!tridom!wht.  That way we won't
bug these nice people too much.  I've been running the program since
last October with no problems and am interested in any bug reports.

Note: the v2 renice defaults to System V renice values on the command
line (read README).