what - an enhanced front-end for 'what'

Tim McDaniel mcdaniel at uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu
Mon May 15 06:44:59 AEST 1989

In article <3805 at sugar.hackercorp.com> keegan at sugar.hackercorp.com
(Cal Keegan) writes:
> echo "...a homo"

In article <15651 at gryphon.COM> oleg at gryphon.COM (Oleg Kiselev) writes:
> echo "...a cretinous homophobe"

In article <155 at cat.Fulcrum.BT.CO.UK> igb at cat.UUCP (Ian G Batten)
writes:
> I suspect that's homo as in ``homo sapiens'' :-)

It's barely possible, I suppose, though I doubt it.  "Homo", in Latin,
does mean "human".  But if that was meant, why mix English with Latin?
Why not something like
        echo "...unum homo"
(or "unam" or whatever the correct ending is)?

--
             Tim, the Bizarre and Oddly-Dressed Enchanter
                    mcdaniel at uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu
            {uunet,convex,pur-ee}!uiucuxc!uicsrd!mcdaniel
            mcdaniel%uicsrd@{uxc.cso.uiuc.edu,uiuc.csnet}