lload for xenix

Kevin Davies kevin at iisat.UUCP
Wed May 31 00:07:48 AEST 1989

In article <1349 at rivm05.UUCP>, ccea3 at rivm.UUCP (Adri Verhoef) writes:
> I compiled with -DM_I386, although the machine is a microVAX,
> as to use _pbuf instead of _buf, and I got
> 	lseek v: Invalid argument
> The belonging call is:
> 	lseek(kmem, v_p->n_value, 0)
> Printing v_p->n_value yields -2147211432.
>
> Any ideas?  Thanks.

There's a couple of lseek's in the program that did this.
The problem is that n_value in the nlist structure is defined as
unsigned int, but the lseek argument has to be a long (since in this
realm int != long).
so,
	lseek(kmem, (long) v_p->n_value,0)

this should do the trick...

--
Kevin Davies		International Information Service (IIS)
UUCP:  {uunet,utai,watmath}!dalcs!iisat!kevin
Bitnet/Uucp: kevin at iisat.uucp	 Arpanet: kevin%iisat.uucp at uunet.uu.net