lload for xenix

Axel Fischer fischer at utower.UUCP
Fri May 26 14:03:17 AEST 1989

In article <30067 at conexch.UUCP> sandy at conexch.UUCP (Sandford Zelkovitz) writes:
>Below, is my ported version of lload.c for Xenix. The original code,
>by Lars Pensj from Myab Gothenburg, Sweden, was distributed in
>alt.sources.

Hmmm, I don't think that this one works right.
First of all on my Xenix system you must exclude the line

#include <stropts.h>

I don't have it and I don't need it.
Furtheron poll.h is in sys/poll.h, that means you must change the line:

#include <poll.h>
#include <sys/poll.h>

What for a Xenix are you using ?
Ok, after compiling I have started it. And what has happend ?
The three numbers should show me the load average but I've waited several
minutes and the numbers have gone from at the beginning:

Verbose
(1 3) 0.066114 0.013311 0.004442

(1 3) 3.493572 1.354233 0.514

And I was the only user online. Have I done something wrong ? And what is
the meaning of the two numbers in brackets ? (1 3)

Maybe the Program runs only with SCO Xenix 286 well ?

Please clarify my questions.

-Axel

--
Domain: fischer%utower at tmpmbx.UUCP   /   fischer%utower%tmpmbx at db@tui6.BITNET
USA:    ...!uunet!pyramid!tmpmbx!utower!fischer