Need a "watching" program

Cray Hardware Support crayfe at wilbur.nas.nasa.gov
Sat May 27 06:47:25 AEST 1989

In article <1953 at ur-cc.UUCP> joss at uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Josh Sirota) writes:
>In article <11680 at s.ms.uky.edu> sean at ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) writes:
>> An easy solution is to "cd; chmod 700 .". That will insure that no one can
>
>In article <12743 at ihlpy.ATT.COM> bdavies at ihlpy.UUCP (55314-Davies,B.) writes:
>

>Really.  *I* know what you all mean, but why does everyone teach the
>octal way when these mnemonic ways exist that are so nice and easy to
>understand for everyone?  Don't you all believe in abstraction?

just to stick my two cents in, I honestly don't know the "easy" mnemonic
way. I learned it the "hard" way and that seems easy to me. (ref. meme)
nothing flaming here either.

re: the original point
   A work around for finding out who is accessing a command you wrote
that isn't terribly clever is to write your command so that it writes
a log in your home directory (probably not possible to write this
portably). Of course this won't work for text or just snoopers, but
I thought you restated the problem in a way that this might help.

>Josh
>
>Really - just a suggestion, not a flame.
>--

ste

No one bears any responsibility for anything I say.