Help:elvis with Turbo C++ doesn't take args

Ssi ssi at ziggy.EDU
Thu Aug 30 11:39:57 AEST 1990

 Has anyone gotten ELVIS to work on a pc (MSDOS) using Turbo C++.
I did a prjcnvt to update the project file, deleted all the termcap/..
stuff in elvis.prj, added tinytcap and wildcard to elvis.prj.

 It compiles but does not take any command line args when run.

IE: ( vi | elvis ) FILE.NAM   <<-- comes up [NO FILE]

 It lets me edit and write to a file however.

I had trouble with :g/old_stuff/s//newstuff/g <-- seems to hang
                                            ^
                                            |- works without this g

I also had trouble with :1,$s/$/put_this_at_the_end_of_all_lines
                                  ^
                                  |- went in at beginning of line

                        Thanks for any help,
                        Greg Ripp ssi at ziggy.edu