'from' alias in csh

L. Scott Emmons scott at csusac.csus.edu
Sun Jan 7 05:34:28 AEST 1990

I've noticed some recent postings regarding 'from' type programs for mail.
For those of us without perl (yet!), the following csh alias will list who
mail is from, with a date and a subject (an improvement over /usr/ucb/from).
If someone has already posted something like this then Sorry!

Note a couple of things:
- This assumes mail headers are like they are at our site -- if it doesn't work
  for you change it or don't use it...don't tell me there's a bug, cuz there
  ain't...
- The environment variable MAIL should read '/usr/spool/mail/YOURLOGINHERE'

---
alias from "^From |^Subject:" $MAIL
--
			L. Scott Emmons