crypt.el for GNU Emacs

Andrew Heybey atheybey at lcs.mit.edu
Thu Jan 11 02:15:09 AEST 1990

The posting of the latest version of crypt.el reminded me of a bug fix
that I had made to the previous version.  The "magic number" used to
recognize compressed files works only for 16 bit compression.  Here
is the diff for the previous version.  Patch (at least on our system)
will apply it to the new version as well.

*** /tmp/,RCSt1017910   Wed Jan 10 10:09:46 1990
--- crypt.el    Tue Dec  5 13:01:45 1989
    "Regexp that matches the magic number at the beginning of files created
  by the compact(1) command.")

! (defconst compress-magic-regexp "\037\235\220"
    "Regexp that matches the magic number at the beginning of files created
  by the compress(1) command.")

--
Andrew Heybey, atheybey at ptt.lcs.mit.edu, uunet!ptt.lcs.mit.edu!atheybey