Getting the time over the phone from NBS

Warren Tucker wht at tridom.uucp
Wed Jan 17 17:58:58 AEST 1990

I just posted to alt.sources cmostime3, a two-part shar, which was an
expansion on my previous program, nbs_time.c.  The whole business was
inspired by comp.sources.misc v03i079.  The original author did all the
hard work.  For nbs_time.c, I just put a bunch of async junk around it
to autodial and otherwise make it a standalone program.  cmostime built
on this to avoid using the inexact /etc/setclock and a few other
goodies.

v03i079 contains a GREAT program utc.c which allows your system to mimic
NBS and provide esentially the same service via a local call.  Only the
most ultimate time freaks who've replaced their PC's crystal with an
atomic clock can tell the difference (I'm pretty bad, but not that bad)
:-).