dictionary s/w w/ wildcard

Jim Reynolds 37633 reynolds at ssd.kodak.com
Fri Mar 1 01:28:28 AEST 1991

     i've been looking for any software package (unix, dos, mac) that i could
     use simple wildcard operators against our english dictionary, or even
     less than that would be sufficient, ex: against a voluminous list of
     english words (definitions, synonyms, etc. not necessary) give me all
     words which have a double 'o'. pseudocommand might be: FIND *oo* or
     this one for example: FIND (all words which meet this criteria) *sh%t*
     where '*' is a wildcard depicting one or more letters & '%' one letter.
     i think u get the idea. any help? -JR-
--
reynolds at aviary.kodak.com ( Jim Reynolds )