Small introspective program

Zap Savage zap at savage.UUCP
Thu Mar 14 05:29:35 AEST 1991

In <1991Mar13.151756.2885 at en.ecn.purdue.edu>, steele at en.ecn.purdue.edu@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Richard A. Steele) writes:
> In article <1991Mar13.032422.9438 at cavebbs.gen.nz> clear at cavebbs.gen.nz (Charlie Lear) writes:
> >                                                           REAL BASICs used
> >to be able to tokenise, and the winner is:
> >	1 L.
> >which when run would produce
> > 	1 L.
> You sure?  If the BASIC is tokenized, then L. will be expanded to LIST
> in the source code listing, so that you'd get
> 	1 LIST
> when run.  I have to admit, my only experience with tokenized basics is
> the old 8-bit Ataris; do other basics leave the abbreviation?

Nah, old TRS-80s with Level-1 Basic stored exactly what you typed and L. was
indeed the short form of LIST as P. was short for PRINT.  1 L. would indeed
work.

Zap
---
Zap Savage, Savage Research, Inc.
"We are the energy of Shakespeare's verse/we are what mathematics wants to be/
 The Life Force in the Universe/That longs to See!/That would Become/and give
 a voice to matter that was dumb."	"To Sail Beyond The Sun"
					R. Bradbury&J.V.Post