rn won't compile on my SCO UNIX

Michael Squires mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
Mon Mar 4 13:43:53 AEST 1991

In article <39757 at cup.portal.com> Bron at cup.portal.com (George Bron Faison) writes:
>In followup to article <1821 at utodaycom> by sean at utoday.UUCP,
>Conner P. Cahill (uunet!virtech!cpcahill) writes:
>>>I just got a copy of SCO UNIX 3.2 and the accompanying development
>>>run into what may be a less-than-minor problem. rn won't compile. I

B news 2.1? is available from SCO as a two-disk SLS set that installs under
custom.  It's downloadable free of charge from their anonymous uucp system,
"sosco", or from many other places (uunet.uu.net, among others).

The last time I compiled rn on a 386 XENIX box (2.3.2) I got all the patches
from uunet and all I had to do was to use fixhdr to change the stack space
for /bin/sh so that Configure would work; other than that it compiled with
no changes at all.  The more recent rn patches include modifications for
XENIX compatibility.

I know of several XENIX systems that got Cnews running; the people who did
it did not seem to have much trouble, other than the usual ones.
--

Mike Squires (mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu)     812 855 3974 (w) 812 333 6564 (h)
mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu          546 N Park Ridge Rd., Bloomington, IN 47408
Under construction: mikes at sir-alan.cica.indiana.edu