oneko dumps core!

Kee Hinckley nazgul at alphalpha.com
Thu Mar 7 17:09:30 AEST 1991

In article <MICHEL.91Mar5164822 at eutes3.es.ele.tue.nl> michel at es.ele.tue.nl (Michel Berkelaar) writes:

>The oneko version I took from alt.sources dumps core on Apollo workstations
>and an Alliant FX/8 computer in our group, whether compiled with cc or gcc.
>It looks as if it can only work with compilers which allow NULL pointer
>dereferencing ... Or else something is going wrong completely.

The declaration

Animation	AnimationPattern[][2] =

looks bogus to me.  Although I'm not sure why the compiler didn't
complain.  If you put in actual lengths there you'll get a complaint
because the bracketed structures ought to be double bracketed in pairs
for each subarray.

I changed it to

Animation	AnimationPattern[] =

Then change the references to:

    if (NekoState != NEKO_SLEEP) {
	DrawNeko(NekoX, NekoY,
		AnimationPattern[(NekoTickCount & 0x1) + NekoState*2]);
    } else {
	DrawNeko(NekoX, NekoY,
		AnimationPattern[((NekoTickCount >> 2) & 0x1) + NekoState*2]);

Now, can anyone figure out a way to get the cat to show up without
a white box around her, or does that require the SHAPE extension?

--
Alfalfa Software, Inc.          |       Poste:  The EMail for Unix
nazgul at alfalfa.com              |       Send Anything... Anywhere
617/646-7703 (voice/fax)        |       info at alfalfa.com

everyone else's.