One Last Wish

David D. Dean dddean at bluemoon.uucp
Tue May 7 07:31:55 AEST 1991

Hello:

I have been a user of the News Net for some time, and I know that

whenever someone posts somethig totaly irrelevent to the sig that

he/she gets flamed something fierce!

That is why I am donning my fire-proof suit to make this little post.

It is one that I doubt anyone will flame me for, but I thought I'd

be safe.

You see, there is a seven year old dying, and his one last wish was

not that he get everything that everyone wants, but instead is a

fairly reachable goal.  I think that if you were to comletely read

what I am going to show you; you too will agree.

The following is a text file that I found very touching, and thought

that others could help out:

                                LAST WISH

          A brain tumor is cutting short the life of seven-year-old

Craig Shergold.  His Last Wish doesn't seem very much to ask; simply

that he receive some Get Well cards---hopefully enough to break The

Guiness Book of World Records.  If everyone reading this message

could send him a card (or several!) and post this note on any

bulletin boards or in any publications he/she may be in contact with,

or even word of mouth, surely Craig's Last Wish will come true.

Send your card(s) to:

                           Craig Shergold

                           c/o Children's Wish Foundation

                           Suite 100

                           3200 Perimeter Center E.

                           Atlanta, Ga. 39346

P.S.  If you are a person who believes in prayer, a prayer for this

young man may, perhaps, find its way into another Book---and who

knows?

      He may just get a Get Well "wish" from someone else.

Please, if you can, send him at least ONE card.  I know about the

vastness of the net, and I think that we can all fulfill this young

man's wish.

To do this, would be a kindness that eveyone can show!

Thank you for taking your time and reading this.  Maybe some of us

can relate to this.  Maybe others can do more to help... who knows...

You can send any replies to:
David D. Dean, President       David D. Dean, Vice Chairman
Explorer Post 891              Exploring Officer's Association
AT&T Systems/Bell Labs         Central Ohio Council
dddean at bluemoon.uucp           Columbus, OH  43227

**** Any opinions are that of the author, and NOT of AT&T ****