Fujitsu SCSI on SPARC

Ed Friedman ed at zaphod.uchicago.edu
Sat Jan 20 08:15:34 AEST 1990

Has anyone successfully attached a Fujitsu 2249 or 2263 SCSI drive
to a SPARCstation 1 yet?  We tried both, and with the 2249 got
an error message whenever we tried to format it (although everything
else on it seemed to work ok), and with the 2263, we got spurious data
error messages no matter what we were doing to the disk (reading or writing),
but everything seemed to work anyway.  Is there some trick to making them
work properly?  Does the Sun host adaptor execute full Common Command Set SCSI?

Ed Friedman