C language void and enum survey

utzoo!decvax!harpo!ihps3!ihuxe!aark utzoo!decvax!harpo!ihps3!ihuxe!aark
Thu Oct 21 12:42:02 AEST 1982

Some features were added to C in the last few years
that are not documented in Kernighan and Ritchie's
"white book," namely, functions returning void,
enum data types, and structure assignment/pass-by-value.

I would like to find out how many people (a) know about,
(b) use these features.

Therefore, if you have a spare minute, please answer the
following questionnaire:

1. Functions returning void
	A. I didn't know about this feature
	B. I know about this but don't use it
	C. I use it

2. Enum data types
	A. I didn't know about this feature
	B. I know about this but don't use it
	C. I use it

3. Structure assignment/pass-by-value
	A. I didn't know about this feature
	B. I know about this but don't use it
	C. I use it

To reply, send mail to ...ihps3!ihuxe!aark.  A simple string
like "1A 2B 3C" is sufficient.  I'll compile responses and
post them here after a while.  If you care to include any
comments about these features, I'll include them (with names
removed) in the posting.

Thanks!

Alan R. Kaminsky
Bell Laboratories, Naperville, IL