braces in C

utzoo!utcsrgv!donald utzoo!utcsrgv!donald
Fri Oct 29 13:25:38 AEST 1982

Doesn't anybody think that this discussion on brace styles is just a tad
silly?  It seems that all articles boil down to "This is the way it OUGHT
to be done for the following reasons...".  It really is reminiscent of the
debates about semicolons as terminators vs semicolons as separators, and
about as important: there shouldn't be semicolons and there shouldn't be
braces.  But given that we have to have braces to group statement sequences
why don't we just use any readable convention and stick to it within a
given program?

					Don Chan, U of Toronto