mixing pointers and arrays

Andrew Klossner andrew at orca.UUCP
Wed Aug 17 00:59:01 AEST 1983

Here's a reactionary note:  I don't think that passing and returning
structures is a good idea, and should be backed out of the language.
It conflicts with the rest of C in that it can be a very "expensive"
operation, while the other C operations are "frugal".

However, I recognize that structure return values are vital in
producing YACC parsers when multiple attributes are in use.  Perhaps
this was the movitating force for this language enhancement?

  -- Andrew Klossner   (decvax!tektronix!tekecs!andrew)  [UUCP]
                       (andrew.tektronix at rand-relay)     [ARPA]