A good introductory C book

cbf at allegra.UUCP cbf at allegra.UUCP
Wed Aug 17 22:39:42 AEST 1983

I have recently run into:

    *The C Primer*  by  Les Hancock & Morris Krieger
    McGraw-Hill  ISBN 0-07-025981-X

Its introduction states (reprinted without permission):
     "A primer is a book for beginners.  This primer is intended
      for those programmers who, while they may know something
      about programming, know nothing whatever about the C language;
      and the amount of programming knowledge we do assume our
      readers have is minimal."

>From a cursory inspection, it appears to live up to its premise.

Charles (Kernighan and Ritchie was good enough for me) Francois
Bell Labs, Murray Hill
decvax!allegra!cbf