typedef in c

wolfe at mprvaxa wolfe at mprvaxa
Tue Dec 20 02:26:44 AEST 1983

    Well our best interpretation of typedef is that they are not "known"
    until AFTER they are completley defined.  You are expecting the compiler
    to know about the name 'newtyp' before you have completely defined
    the typedef.

    Structures on the other hand don't seem to have this problem.  You can
    happily reference a structure from inside it's declaration.

    No, I don't think K & R say anything about this.  I think this is life
    in the world of C.
--

    Peter Wolfe
    Microtel Pacific Research