Array Initialization - (nf)

P. Tucker Withington ptw at vaxine.UUCP
Tue Jul 12 00:48:34 AEST 1983

		K&R p. 198 says statics and externals are guaranteed to be
		"uninitialized" to zero; automatic and register are guaranteed
		to be "uninitialized" to garbage.

		Since this is supposed to be the "standard"...

						--Tucker (ptw at vaxine.UUCP)

	I do wish people would at least READ the book before quoting from it.
	K&R p. 198 says

	"Static and external variables which are not initialized are
	guaranteed to start off as 0; automatic and register variables which
	are not initialized are guaranteed to start off as garbage."

	Yes, that is supposed to be the "standard"...

					-- Sharad Singhal
					..!rabbit!ss

Excuse me, but my lack of quotation marks should have been sufficient to
indicate that I was paraphrasing.  The page number should have been sufficient
to provide the exact reference, and far be it from me to infringe on someone
else's copyright.  Nonetheless, I do admit to this blasphemous act.  People
such as I should be drawn and quartered for desecrating the "bible".  People
such as you... Let's just say your remarks were "Charmin".

				       --Tucker (ptw at vaxine.UUCP)

Off to net.flame for me!