Array Initialization & Whitesmith's

rehmi at umcp-cs.UUCP rehmi at umcp-cs.UUCP
Sat Jul 16 08:24:52 AEST 1983

Whitesmith's is a really flunky implementation. In particular, one of
it's many losses over which I have been losing much sleep is
initialization, globablity, and pointer manipulation. These act in a
most bizzarre (sp?) fashion on our Vax -> z80 version.

In fact, I recently got Aztec C for Apple ]['s, and it adheres very
faithfully indeed to K&R. It looks identical to V7 C. It even has the
basic i/o syscalls and ioctls and a kernel (except that there is no
seperate mode for it). Very very very nice. Except it compiles slow
trying to get off of floppies.

I think that says something about the z80 and/or Whitesmith's. I've
come to hate both intensely.

					-Rehmi
--
	By the fork, spoon, and exec of The Great Basfour.

Arpa:   rehmi.umcp-cs at udel-relay
Uucp:...{allegra,seismo}!umcp-cs!rehmi