Our friends, }' - (nf)

cfv at packet.UUCP cfv at packet.UUCP
Sun Jul 31 14:28:04 AEST 1983

I started out writing almost all of my code using:

	for (;';)
	{
	}

for nesting, but in the last 6 months I found that I had unconsiously
switched to the K&R form of:

	for (;;) {
	}

Why I did is still a bit of a mystery to me. I think that I did it because
as I became a better C programmer (writer and reader) I didn't need that
explicitly visual form of nesting as badly, and it was nice to compact those
lines together (white space is wonderful, but appropriate white space is
best). Now that I use K&R's nesting, I find that it IS a lot more compact,
but I haven't lost any of the readability of the code that I used the first
form for.
--
>From the dungeons of the Warlock:
					      Chuck Von Rospach