Var args: a warning

Dave Decot decot at cwruecmp.UUCP
Wed Nov 2 19:34:26 AEST 1983

I have used the method described (passing lots of int parameters) on both
a PDP/11-45 and a PDP/11-70 with success.  Since a long parameter takes
stack space for two ints on these machines, one might think one could encounter
problems.  But since the "code" I have advocated calls {f,}printf() with
the same size parameters as err() thinks it has, those parameters are stacked
just as they were by the function that called err().  As long as your machine
consistently stacks parameters, the fragment in question will operate
correctly.

Dave Decot
decvax!cwruecmp!decot