PL/I Arguments / Re: C Language Problems ... Leave It Be?

Barry Margolin barmar at mit-eddie.UUCP
Thu Mar 29 14:51:08 AEST 1984

Multics PL/I will pass full descriptors when necessary.  This is because
we have a language extension which allows a procedure to be declared
"options (variable)", meaning that the procedure may be called with a
variable number of parameters and varying data types.  Of course we also
pass descriptors in the other case that Clay Phipps mentioned: when an
array or string parameter has a *-extent.
--
			Barry Margolin
			ARPA: barmar at MIT-Multics