Is #define NULL 0L ok?

Tim Maroney tim at unc.UUCP
Wed Mar 14 09:32:08 AEST 1984

This reminds me -- another small change that the ANSI Standard committee
might want to make in C is to make NULL be a real synatctic object, so that
we don't have to do dumb-looking (and usually forgotten) things like:

foo( (char *)NULL );

After all, the use of NULL in software has become part of the de facto C
standard.
--
Tim Maroney, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
mcnc!unc!tim (USENET), tim.unc at csnet-relay (ARPA)

All opinions expressed herein are completely my own, so don't go assuming
that anyone else at UNC feels the same way.