Use of enumerations (and Lint).

davef at west44.UUCP davef at west44.UUCP
Thu May 3 09:58:36 AEST 1984

It is not true to say that enums give you about the same level of support
as a series of #define's:  using define's your values will be treated as the
integer constants they are but if you use enum's you will get all manner
of stupid messages when you try to use (quite properly) relational operators
on them.

In order to make it possible for my students to use lint in conjunction
with a package I has written I has to strip out all the enums and replace
them with #defines.  Such is progress!
--

		Dave Furber
		(west44!davef)