return (messy) -vs- return clean

ajs at hpfcla.UUCP ajs at hpfcla.UUCP
Fri May 11 01:28:00 AEST 1984

> In all seriousness, the more parentheses there are in an
> expression, the harder it is to read.  I personally find the
> layout
>	y = x == 5 ? 1 : 0;
> much clearer than
>	y = (x == 5) ? 1 : 0;

In all seriousness, I wholly, absolutely, irrevocably disagree with you,
and hope I never have to maintain any of your code, so there.

It's obviously a religious discussion.  On the bright side, award yourself
two points if you care enough to consider coding standards at all.  The only
real losers are those who don't even think about it.

Alan (we can still agree on something) Silverstein