return expr and Decus-C

chris at umcp-cs.UUCP chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Wed May 16 08:51:33 AEST 1984

You're right, I did actually forget about null statements, but I'm
right too:  in most cases,

	<insert arbitrary function name> (expr) <statement> ;

would be a syntax error.  Besides, I try to keep all my "while"s
with null statements as

	while (expr)
		;

(By the way, does anyone have an option for the "indent" program
that comes with Gosling Emacs, to make it not put null statement
";"s right up against the close parenthesis?)
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci (301) 454-7690
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at maryland