Bug (?) in C preprocessor

Guy Harris guy at rlgvax.UUCP
Wed May 30 14:34:44 AEST 1984

> I have written a C preprocessor that adheres to the most
> recent standard.  The standard has these "additions":

> 	#elif expression
> and
> 	defined(name) in #if expressions

The former is very nice - I wish it were available in the Reiser "cpp"
that comes with just about every UNIX under the sun.  The latter is actually
in the most recent standard, if the S5 man page CPP(1) is considered the
most recent standard (it also documents __FILE__ and __LINE__).  The
parentheses are optional (shades of the "return(x)" vs. "return x" debate!)
according to CPP(1).

	Guy Harris
	{seismo,ihnp4,allegra}!rlgvax!guy