Algol-style vs C-style semicolons

chris at umcp-cs.UUCP chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Thu May 31 18:06:37 AEST 1984

(Apply :-) to entire article)

	... I'd just like to point out that I've read that people
	make fewer mistakes involving semicolons in languages that
	use them C-style than ALGOL-style.

Perhaps it's because we're used to periods as sentence *terminators*,
not *separators*.  Just a thought

(Of course, I don't want to start a debate on ``English-like''
languages.  Blech, COBOL)

Have you noticed that I've been using punctuation as sentence
separators?  Looks weird, I think
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci (301) 454-7690
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at maryland