Orphaned Response - (nf)

jc at inmet.UUCP jc at inmet.UUCP
Sat May 5 17:11:47 AEST 1984

#R:nsc:-84400:inmet:5000015:177600:809
inmet!jc    Apr 26 09:41:00 1984

Re: the 2nd-place winner of the Obfuscation contest.

What's this supposed to do?  On our VAX, its output is the following,
where the 2nd and 3rd lines are the hex digits of the chars:

'",x);_/*_\
22272302205
72C89B9FAAC

The other two programs were sorta cute, but this makes no sense.  Aren't
the winners supposed to do something interesting/entertaining?  Maybe we
got a garbled version of the program, or it doesn't work on a VAX?

					John M Chambers [inmet!jc]
					Intermetrics, Inc.
					735 Concord Ave.
					Cambridge, MA 02138
"I don't have any solution but I certainly admire the problem."