Standard extensions (logical exclusive or)

Joel Coltoff coltoff at burdvax.UUCP
Wed Nov 14 05:06:50 AEST 1984

< ----------- >

	What is at issue here is not if the ^^ is really needed. Anyone with
half a brain knows that it isn't. When I look at ^^ I can think of logical
exclusive OR right away. When I see !a != !b ( or !!a != !!b ) I have to
stop and think about it. If we want to get rid of ops that aren't needed
lets get rid of &&. Afterall ( a && b ) can be done by ( !( !a || !b ) )
How about getting rid of the minus operator. All we have to do is complement
and add. If the question is should the size of C be allowed to grow I say
leave it as is. If people are opposed to ^^ because it isn't needed then
maybe the whole language should be evaluated for frivolous features.
--

	Joel Coltoff	{sdcrdcf,bpa,psuvax1}!burdvax!coltoff
			(215)648-7258