Standard extensions

David Stevens abv at pucc-h
Sun Nov 4 00:23:06 AEST 1984

	The "opop" syntax is for allowing short circuit evaluation of
boolean expressions. Thus && is there so that C can allow the programmer
to optimize, where apropriate. Exclusive Or, on the other hand, requires
that both operands be evaluated, so ^^ has no place.
	Since boolean expressions evaluate to 1 or 0, bitwise operations
perform the same function as a non-short-circuit evaluation, and so &
does it all. I don't see where you lose by using just ^.
	Of course, tese are all my opinions about the reasoning behind it,
since they didn't ask me.