Space after undeclared function name

David Herron david at ukma.UUCP
Mon Nov 12 12:54:55 AEST 1984

<> From: pls at ncsu.UUCP (Phillip L. Shaffer)
<> Subject: Space after undeclared function name

<> The question is: does "followed immediately" mean "with nothing
<> but white space in between" or is it to be taken literally?
<> This is a minor annoyance to me - changing styles slightly and
<> editing old programs before recompiling - but I thought I would
<> get some other opinions before complaining to Eco-Soft.

<> I will appreciate any responses - send mail to me and I will
<> summarize (or post your response if you like).  Thanks.

<>    Phil Shaffer (pls at ncsu)

My opinion is that they are being overly picky.  It reminds me of the
PR1ME's the school has for class work.  Only two compilers on there
even know what a TAB character is, all the others complain loudly about
unknown characters.  (One is a ratfor compiler we found from the prime
user group, and used until they got a C compiler, which is the other
compiler to know what a tab is.)

David Herron
Phone:	(606) 257-4244 (phone will be answered as "Vax Lab", usually).
	(606) 254-7820
                         /------- Arpa-Net
	unmvax----\     /
	research   >---/----------------/----------- anlams!ukma!david
	boulder---/                    /
	             decvax!ucbvax ---/   (or cbosgd!hasmed!qusavx!ukma!david)

For arpa-net, anlams has the name ANL-MCS.  (i.e. use "ukma!david at ANL-MCS").
I have been having intermittent problems with this address though.