Standard extensions (logical exclusive or)

John Woods john at x.UUCP
Fri Nov 9 08:14:00 AEST 1984

> I disagree.  The bitwise operators operate on every bit of their arguments,
> whereas the logical operators operate on zero -vs- non-zero.  Therefore, i^j

Quite correct.  However, you can get the effect of i ^^ j by typing !!i ^ !!j.
^^ would be nice, but it isn't strictly necessary (and the code sequence
I gave might not be too poor on a decent compiler).

--
John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA, (617) 626-1114
...!decvax!frog!john, ...!mit-eddie!jfw, jfw%mit-ccc at MIT-XX.ARPA