Murphy's Laws

L S Chabot chabot at amber.DEC
Tue Nov 6 03:36:58 AEST 1984

If the _A_Stress_Analysis_of_a_Strapless_Evening_Gown_ article about "Chisolm's
Laws" has a copyright date of 1958, then they are still Murphy's Laws.  Murphy
formulated his laws much earlier, ('40's ?) while he was doing something like
blowing up missiles at Redstone for some branch of the government. There is a
thin book about Murphy's Laws which has a description of how he came up with
them.

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon without a copy of _Books_In_Print_ handy,
but I was compelled to defend a fellow desert-born (that is, Murphy's Laws).

Oh, bury me no-o-o-t in the Ant'lope Valle-e-e-ey,
L S Chabot
UUCP:	...decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-amber!chabot
ARPA:	...chabot%amber.DEC at decwrl.ARPA
USFail:    DEC, MR03-1/K20, 2 Iron Way, Marlborough, MA  01752
shadow:	[ISSN 0018-9162 v17 #10 p7, bottom vt100, col3, next to next to last]