Case distinction in var names

aeb at turing.UUCP aeb at turing.UUCP
Wed Nov 7 14:43:51 AEST 1984

>>  Okay, now you go try to transport a 32,000 line program that spells the
>> same keyword/variable:
>>  [...]
>> and go try to locate all occurrances with a low IQ editor.

> Don't try to offload the braindamage of your particular editor
> to the C standard.  Write your own editor!  (C was originally
> conceived only for writing editors. :-)

Of course things are worse than you might think - this 16,000 line program
you got contains modules that automatically generate pieces of source code
for other modules (Guido, you know what program I am thinking of). Now a
smart editor won't help you; if you have a monocase 6 significant char
compiler/loader and you want this program then you'll have to write a
preprocessor to convert/compress identifiers.
--
      Andries Brouwer -- CWI, Amsterdam -- {philabs,decvax}!mcvax!aeb