A question about scanf

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.UUCP
Fri Nov 2 07:46:55 AEST 1984

> The 4.1 and 4.2 version of c has several different conversion characters
> that are not list and K&R.  The one that I am interested in is the '['
> conversion character....

K&R is a tutorial, not a reference manual.  %[ has been in scanf since
scanf was first released to the world.  At first glance (I haven't done
a word-by-word comparison), the 4.1 scanf manual page looks identical
to the V7 one.  Amazingly, it looks like Berkeley hasn't messed with
("improved") scanf.
--
				Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology