casts and puns (and digressions...)

Kevin Martin kpmartin at watmath.UUCP
Sat Nov 24 08:03:55 AEST 1984

>Before you go around slapping people and throwing cold water in their face,
>Kevin, you should be sure what you are doing.  Otherwise you are going to
>offend people.
>	Geoff Kuenning
I'm sorry if I seemed insulting. However, I get very frustrated at this
misconception that a pointer *has* to contain a byte index from location
zero.  The slapping etc. was not aimed at you in particular.

Having not used a NOVA for quite a while, my memory has become
somewhat rusty. Had I tried the code bursts on a piece of paper
first, I would have realized that they don't work. Please don't
mistake a short lapse of thought for a general ignorance of
the situation.

               (apologetically) Kevin Martin, UofW Software Development Group