C subscripts

David Herron david at ukma.UUCP
Thu Nov 8 06:16:27 AEST 1984

> @ Who else out there thinks that
> @        some_array_name[more][long][names]
> @ is actually a good way to do things?
>
>     I do!  I prefer to think of multi-dimensional arrays as arrays of arrays,
> which the current syntax implies, rather than as different entities.  It
> should be easy enough to write a program to convert between notations, though.
> --
>      -- Dave Long --
>    {fortune,idi,ios,hplabs,tymix}!oliveb!toml
> {allegra,ihnp4,msoft,tty3b,uvacs}!oliveb!toml

I agree too!  It is probably easier to learn as it reflects what
is actually happening.  (The other notation looks like a function call).
David Herron
Phone:	(606) 257-4244 (work, phone will usually be answered as "Vax Lab").
	(606) 254-7820

        Arpa-Net-----\
		      \   (or cbosgd!hasmed!qusavx!ukma!david)
	unmvax----\    \
	research   \____\____ anlams!ukma!david
	boulder    /      /
	ucbvax----/      /
                        /
	decvax!ucbvax--/

For arpa-net, anlams has the name ANL-MCS.  I have been having trouble
getting mail from arpa-net through anlams so maybe try a different route
or the user name "s".