Case distinction in var names

DAVID DYER-BENNET MRO1-2/L14 DTN 231-4076 ddb at mrvax.DEC
Tue Oct 30 04:41:04 AEST 1984

I am against case distinction in variable names because people are
taught while they learn to read English that capitalization is a matter
of style, not a matter of content (yes, there are places in English
where capitalization can be construed to change the meaning, but
darned few).  I continually find, when reading C code, that I have
ignored the case of variable names, and have to go back and check to
see if the things I've been thinking were the same, really are.

			-- David Dyer-Bennet
			-- ...decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-mrvax!ddb